I added a new cookbook to my collection the other week called A Girl and her Greens by April Bloomfield and it is amazing. She comes highly recommended as one of Jamie Olivers favourite chefs. In the book, she has a great idea and solution to not throwing out and wasting the tops of baby carrots and making a pesto with it.
Her recipe uses walnuts but I prefer some lemon juice and pine nuts which is used in the recipe below. It tastes amazing on roasted baby carrots with a side of fresh burrata cheese. YUM!
- 2 tbsp gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp LSA Mix
- handful walnuts (or nut of your choice)
- handful brazil nuts
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- punnet starwberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Divide the strawberries into 2 ramekins and cover with 2 tbsp maple syrup each.
- Sprinkle the goji berries and coconut on top.
- Put all remaining ingredients into the food processor and blend for a minute until its all consistent crumbs.
- Top each ramekin with this mix and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top has gone golden brown.