I was asked by Health & Nutrition Blogger Jessica Sepel to come up with a sweet recipe that she could feature on her blog. I had recently done a Macaroon making class and made the most delicious French Macaroons. I took inspiration from these are recreated them using healthy ingredients.
Its a little bit of a longer recipe than what I usually post, but if you have the time it is so worth it. They are soft, chewy, fudge and delicious!
- 120 g almond meal
- 80 g organic coconut sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 egg yolk
- sprinkle sea salt
- Mix the almond meal, sugar, egg white and vanilla until well combined.
- Roll it into a cigar shape in cling film and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Slice into 1 cm pieces and place on a lined baking tray.
- Mix an egg yolk with 1 tbsp water, brush this mixture on the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.