This is a really quick and easy side dish to whip up but tastes delicious! It goes really well with some grilled fish to add an extra bit of flavour.
I use a mandoline to prepare the courgette and this is actually my new favourite gadget (Im such a loser, I know! 🙂 ) but you literally save yourself so much time from chopping.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 large courgette
- handful pumpkin seeds
- handful fresh basil leaves
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- pinch of sea salt
- Use a mandolin, make matchsticks with your raw courgette
- Create the pesto by blending/ processing the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, pine nuts and sea salt. Blend until smooth.
- Toast some sunflower seeds on a dry pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the pesto with the courgette matchsticks and top with the sunflower seeds.