This is such an earthy, warming & filling salad. I love the mix of flavours from the sweet squash and slightly bitter caramelised onion. I have made this for friends for lunch before and its always a winner! Really easy to make too and is so healthy. I sometimes use labne with this salad which is amazing or goats feta goes really well too!
* Butternut Squash is also knows and pumpkin.
- ½ butternut squash, cubed
- 1 x red onion, sliced finely
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 3 tbsp goats cheese
- sea salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Wash your mixed leaves and leave to dry/ put in a salad spinner
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the coconut oil on a baking tray and place in the oven for a few minutes while you cube the squash.
- Place the squash and red onion on the heated tray & season with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Whisk the salad dressing ingredients together.
- Make the salad by mixing all the ingredients and dress with the homemade dressing.