Brussel Sprouts are one of those things: you love them or you hate them! I am obsessed! However, I have also managed to convert some non-sprout loving people with this recipe. I got the idea for this from this amazing restaurant in Bondi called Sefa – if you live anywhere near, you should definitely check it out, the food is amazing!!
The sprouts are crispy and a little spicy which goes so well with the creamy hummus. I just bought hummus for this but if you want to make some, my recipe is here!
- 1 large bag of brussel sprouts (about 6 per person)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground corriander
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1-2 tbsp cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like it)
- sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tub hummus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash the sprouts and cut them lengthways leaving about an inch at the base. (this helps the flavour get into the leaves)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Pour the olive oil on a large baking tray.
- Add the sprouts and sprinkle the spices on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning them halfway theough cooking.