Anyone that reads this blog will know I am obsessed with farmers markets and the one I go to every week these days is at Bondi Beach. Theres a stand there called The Fritter House that makes fritters and its always absolutely packed! I had never even heard of corn fritters before moving to Australia so decided to see what all the fuss was about.
I have never looked back since and go there every Saturday for breakfast – its amazing! Basically they are corn kernels mixed with batter and sauteed on a pan and are absolutely delish! Added to this is my new favourite cheese- haloumi.
I had never had haloumi in Ireland and don’t even know if its hard to get there but I am so happy I have found it! The Fritter House also makes there own homemade sauces- pestos, chilli jam, aolis and they only use free range eggs and gluten free ingredients. Anyone in Sydney, you need to go there now!
So I have attempted to recreate these for some quick weekday dinners and have really mastered it now as Its a weekly dinner at this stage- I cant get enough! So here is my version- hope you enjoy. Such a delicious, simple & healthy dinner, you have got to try it!!
- 4 large carrots, chopped into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp honey
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix the olive oil, tamari and honey together in a cup.
- Place the chopped carrots on the baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the dressing and top with sesame seeds.