Yes I am posting a recipe for scrambled eggs.. Im sorry! I know, its pretty easy and obvious but so many people manage to f@#k it up so badly! It really upsets me actually, there is nothing more disappointing than going for breakfast and getting overcooked, flavourless eggs! and don’t even get me started on people that microwave their scrambled eggs.. thats just wrong on so many levels..
The key is to keep the heat down really low and stir continuously.
I make eggs using my homemade almond milk – find recipe here. I have this for breakfast most morning with some toasted Iggys sourdough bread (best bread ever!!) and some of my Avo, Fetta & Mint Smash.
Ok rant over, enjoy! 🙂
- 4 free range eggs
- 6 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4 basil leaves
- sea salt and pepper
- Whisk the eggs, almond milk and salt and pepper together.
- Place egg mix in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir regularly.
- It takes a few minutes to cook but do not turn up the heat - the key is sloooooooooow to get the amazing soft silky texture.
- Keep stirring and when the eggs are about 1 minute from being cooked, take off the heat.
- Mix through the basil leaves and leave to stand for 1 minute before serving.