As I have been off gluten for the last month, I have become a bit obsessed with baking gluten free breads and experimenting with flavour combos in the kitchen.
After a lot of practice, I made a loaf that was so flavoursome, delicious and had a great texture. Not only is the bread gluten free it is packed full of goodness making it such a nutrient dense snack.
I have been eating this for breakfast topped with avocado, scrambled eggs & smoked salmon or as an afternoon snack topped with beetroot hummus and it is so delicious! Plus, it is helping pack in your veggies without even noticing.
It keeps really well in an airtight container for 5 days and also is great toasted. Enjoy! X
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cuppsyllium husks
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower
- 1 tbsp pumpkin
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix.
- Grease a bread tin with some coconut oil and add the bread mixture
- Sprinkle some extra seeds on top and bake for half an hour.